Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bottle necklaces

After I made these, I had a discussion with my father and sister about how to incorporate those types of beads into other things.  Dad brought up the idea of bottle necklaces and I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

I guess in the late 1800s/early 1900s, people often kept their alcohol in decanters with labels hanging from them to distinguish between the different types.  So something like this:
 

That conversation started the crazy ideas rolling.  Here's the thing:  I know not one single person who owns decanters and would want a label like that....all of the bottles have paper labels on them.  Sara mentioned seeing bottle necklaces as more of a decorative element, so that was the direction I went.

These are the first few...and very much my sense of humor, so who knows if they will actually appeal to anyone else.  Time will tell!







No comments:

Post a Comment