Saturday, May 30, 2015

Simple coin bracelet

Several years ago my sister gave me some coins from her stint in the Peace Corps in Ukraine.  At the time, I didn't have a drill press to properly drill a hole through any of them and every time I considered bezel setting the coins I didn't like how it looked. So I set them aside and sort of forgot about them.

After tinkering with the Roman coins, I started searching through my piles and finally found the coins again.  I ended up with a simple cold connection to add the coin to a sterling bracelet.


This should be tough enough for everyday wear - I soldered the links for strength and since it's entirely made of metal it doesn't need any special care.  (I have a special hatred for soldering links, but sometimes it has to be done.)


I like the copper rivet with the coin and the sterling - maybe there are more of these in my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment